In this episode,
- Interview with NASA Langley Director Dr. David E. Bowles
- Interview with my Kids about their time and OSH and why its important to take kids to airshows. (possibly talk about the time with the kids around Boeing Plaza)
- Final Numbers from OSH
- Attendance: Approximately 590,000, an increase of five percent over 2016
- Total aircraft: More than 10,000 aircraft arrived at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh and other airports in east-central Wisconsin
- Wittman alone, there were 17,223 aircraft operations in the 10-day period from July 21-30
- Total Show Planes: 2,991 Show planes (up 5 percent over 2016):
- 1,107 homebuilt aircraft (second straight year over 1,100),
- 1,162 vintage airplanes (up 12 percent),
- 351 warbirds,
- 168 ultralights and light-sport aircraft,
- 79 seaplanes,
- 54 rotorcraft,
- 60 aerobatic aircraft,
- 10 hot air balloons
- Camping:More than 11,600 sites in aircraft and drive-in camping accounted for an estimated 40,000 visitors throughout the week.
- Guests registered at International Visitors Tent:A record 2,527 visitors registered from a record-tying 80 nations. (Additional unregistered international visitor counts push the total higher.)
Jennifer’s Top 10
1. The people!!! (Meet-ups, coffin, etc)
2. Blue Angels interviews.
3. NASA forum.
4. UPS interviews.
5. Doc! (And Fifi)
6. Heritage flights.
8. Doolittle Raid Commemoration
9. The night air show (even in the rain)
10. Warbirds (including modern military, especially the A-10s)
11. Stairs trucks (In honor of Spinal Tap, I always take my top ten lists all the way to eleven. LOL!)
Mike’s Top 10
- Showing kids, Sisters kids and God Daughter all of the planes in Boeing plaza and talking about them and sharing what they do.
- Interviewing the Blue Angels
- TBM-Avenger – seeing where my Grandfather served
- UPS interviews especially with F/O Kate.
- The Coffin and spending time there
- Walking the vintage area and getting to see a camping area
- The Ultra light area – Getting to see a totally different side of Aviation
- Seeing my old Flight instructor and friends from college
- The Twin Beech act Seeing
- Boeing Plaza change every day
You can find me on Twitter @flyingandlife Facebook.com/flyingandlife
Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org